You are looking at posts in the category soup.
I got this recipe here after visiting the restaurant. Awesome black bean soup. My changes are made below.
Black Bean Soup with Chipotle Crema and Tomato SalsaServes 8
- 4 ounce chopped bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 rib of celery chopped
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 3 or 4 cans black beans
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Ezpazote muddled into dust
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Render bacon, add celery, onions, and garlic and carmalize. Add black beans, chicken stock, Epazote, and cumin- cook until beans are tender. Puree until smooth and season to taste with pepper and salt. garnish with drizzled Chipotle Crema and a dollop of fresh tomato salsa.
- one 7 ounce can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
Blend chipotle peppers and sour cream in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2 vine ripened red tomatoes, seeded and diced to 1/4″
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, pith removed, diced
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.